Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

28 Weeks




How Far Along? 28 Weeks

Size of Baby:
Head of cauliflower (16 in, 2.5lbs)

Gender
:  Baby girl

Maternity Clothes:
Nothing really new to report here other than I am on the hunt for a couple dresses for some upcoming showers. I was something pretty, but I also don’t want to spend a bunch of money on something I can’t wear on a regular basis. Any great suggestions?

Nursery:
The bedding and curtains have been ordered! Of course everything takes 4-6 weeks to come in so I’ll just have to wait. I’m starting to think about what should go on the walls. I’m thinking a small collage of quotes and pictures, and then maybe a couple floating shelves on a different wall.

Movement:
Oh yes! She is doing lots of “swimming” as Andy calls it. I had my 28 week appointment yesterday and they had a time trying to find her heartbeat because she was in such a weird position. Every time I think I know what position she is in she kicks me somewhere different and it all chances.

Symptoms:
Some part of baby girl is definitely wedged in the right side of my ribs. If I sit too long I get really uncomfortable. Weirdly enough I’m most comfortable arching my back when I sit and sticking out my belly. Super attractive, I know, my husband is a lucky guy. ;) My hair is also growing really fast, which means I’m booking hair appointments way more frequently. Please excuse the gross roots in my picture.

Sleep:
I had a random night this week where I couldn’t shut my brain off, but then I go right back to sleeping through the night. Loving this and fingers are crossed that it lasts as long as possible.

Cravings:
Nothing in particular. I really was expecting to crave all kinds of crazy stuff during pregnancy, but I really haven’t.

What I Miss:
 I’m pretty happy at the moment.

Best Moment This Week:
Definitely my surprise baby shower. I’ll post more about it tomorrow, but my husband and his college roommates/their spouses threw me a surprise baby shower in my own house and I didn’t see it coming at all. So sweet! Probably the only surprise, other than Andy proposing, that I’ve ever liked.

Looking Forward To:
Easter and lots of baby related stuff this month. I have two showers for baby girl this month, a couple showers to attend for other people, and Andy and I will take our first couple baby classes. Parenthood here we come.

4 comments:

  1. How sweet that your husband and his college roommates and their spouses threw you a surprise baby shower!! So exciting that you have more to come, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that's so sweet they threw you a surprise shower. I can't wait to hear about it!

    Maybe a regular maxi dress for the upcoming showers? That way you can wear it afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A surprise shower is awesome - I can't wait to read about it! Also, so cute that your hubby was in on it! Yay for all the things to look forward too - that's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, mama! And your surprise shower...what a blessing!!! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs