Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

My Maryland Baby Shower

On the 1st of March my sweet mother-in-law and sister-in-law threw me a baby shower in Annapolis, MD. I had been in DC for work, so they conveniently scheduled it while I was already in the area. My mom drove up with me, since Andy had to work that weekend, and it was so nice to catch up with all his family and friends.

My mom, me, my MIL, my SIL

On the morning of the shower we woke up to an ice storm. Umm, raise your hand if you grew up in South Carolina and have no idea how to drive in snow and ice. Me, right here! Thankfully people up there salt their roads and I just drove slowly and carefully during the 45 minute drive. We still had a large crowd at the shower and I was so thankfully that so many people braved the weather just to spend the afternoon with me.


The shower was held at Reynolds Tavern and we had high tea. I think I've mentioned before how much I love tea houses and I was excited to try out a new one.





Then came present opening time. Please excuse all my crazy faces, clearly I was pretty excited about everything. The hosts came up with the great idea for everyone to bring book for the nursery and I love having a great selection all ready for baby girl.

Excuse this face, this blanket was handmade by one of baby girl's great-grandmothers and I was in awe.

Cutest little painted rocking chair

One of my favorite hymns


Daddy's team, this was one of many Raven's themed outfits.


Honestly this is one of my favorites! I can't wait to see baby and pup together.

We had such a great time and everyone was so incredibly generous.  Andy and I had so much fun sitting in the nursery going over all the gifts and talking about the shower the next day.

4 comments:

  1. Just caught up and read about this shower and the surprise one. What great friends and family and I love the Lilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are priceless!! What a joy filled celebration in honor of you and your baby girl! Looks like you were showered with love and so many sweet pieces that you'll be putting to good use soon!! Yay! :) Can't wait to see a pic of your sweetie alongside Camden sporting that personalized onesie! I'm sure your hubby appreciated all the Ravens goodies too! I love that such thought was put into the choosing of your presents! So very happy for you, Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaw. I was looking for pictures of tea parties held at Reynolds Tavern and stumbled on your post. What a lovely, lovely shower you had. Wonderful gifts and I love your excited faces, LOL! All the best and thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love such kind of decorations. Once I have been to Los Angeles event venues for a baby shower of my friend and I saw similar kid of decorations there. She did it herself. Everything was very simple there at the party but still looked wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs