Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

24 Weeks



How Far Along? 24 weeks, 1 day

Size of Baby:
Ear of corn (8.5 in, 1.5lb)

Gender
:  Carolina Girl

Maternity Clothes:
I took a ton of clothes to DC with me last weekend because I just couldn’t figure out what to wear for the gala and baby shower. Thankfully my mom was there to help narrow everything down. We also wondered around Alexandria and found the cutest store on Kings Street. I refrained from buying anything since we have no idea what size I’ll be after baby (fingers crossed I’ll go back to normal, or even a bit healthier), but it was soooo hard not to grab everything I saw.

Nursery:
My father-in-law was sweet enough to purchase our dresser and we picked it up Tuesday so we officially have all the furniture in place. Now we need a rug, bedding, curtains, and stuff on the walls. Of course first I need to organize all the baby shower gifts that have taken over the room.

Movement:
Oh yes! Baby girl is moving a bunch pretty much every morning and night and anytime I’m sitting for a long period of time. I love to feel her move, it’s such a reassurance. She likes it best when Andy puts his hand on my belly at night. She kicks like crazy for him. I actually had to tell him to move his hand after a while so I could go to sleep. I said “she obviously loves her Daddy a lot already” and Andy, who was pretty much asleep by then, murmured “I love you and her too”. I almost burst into tears I was so touched. It was such a nature response for him already and it made me feel like our little family was truly a family of three, well four with Camden pup.

Symptoms:
I can tell that organs and stuff are shifting around in there. I get uncomfortable when I curl up on the couch so I have to sit up straight. Maybe being pregnant will force me to have better posture. Also, I have to be careful stretching in the morning because my belly muscles are already stretched that it can really hurt.

Sleep:
I’ve ditched the body pillow for now. I just don’t sleep very well with it. I was exhausted from my trip to DC and loved being back in my own bed. I’ve slept so soundly the last couple of nights and it’s been torture to get up in the morning.

Cravings:
Of course I craved sweets for really the first time this week, however I’m pretty sure it’s because I was intentionally not letting myself have them in preparation for my glucose test on Wednesday. You don’t care about something until someone says you can’t have it. I’m still waiting on the results of my test. Apparently my doctor’s office is the only one who doesn’t give you the results immediately. It’s only driving be crazy waiting for them.

What I Miss:
 Nothing much at the moment. I’ve been pretty worried about my glucose test all week so maybe I could say I missed eating whatever I wanted, although I should keep that in check anyway.

Best Moment This Week:
My baby shower with Andy’s side of the family in Maryland was so sweet and special. The weather was awful; rain/snow/ice was falling, some people had to cancel because of it, but it was so great to see all of Andy’s family and good grief they were so generous. I’ll do a full recap later.

Looking Forward To:
My mom and I are going to go pick out the bedding and hopefully curtains. I can’t wait to get some color into the nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs