Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

Five on Friday

I'm in Washington DC this week, but I can't miss out on my favorite post day: Five on Friday.
Make sure to link up with the girls, Darci, April, Natasha, and Christina.



ONE
I ran into Sephora the other day because I needed some face cleanser and while waiting in line I saw a tiny version of Benefits They're Real! mascara. I've always wanted to try it, but can't bring myself to spend $23 on a mascara I don't even know if I like. (I know, I'm cheap) Anyway, I picked up the small version to try it out and I'll let you know what I think.



TWO

Last Saturday we took dessert over to a friend's house and I wanted to make something I'd never made before. I had pinned The Best Ever Angel Food Cake recipe a long time ago and decided to give it a try. Other than having 12 eggs on hand the recipe is really easy and the effort is so worth it. The result is so much better than a store bought version and when paired with the Best Homemade Whipped Cream recipe you can believe it was a hit. So much so actually that I totally forgot to take a picture of the finished product. Oh well, guess I have to make it again. 





THREE

Columbia, SC got snow Tuesday morning! Well, a sprinkling really. It wasn't even enough to delay work for us, but it was fun just the same. I thought about taking a picture of Camden playing outside, but he was all curled up warm on his bed and I didn't want to torture him just for a picture. 



FOUR

As you can probably tell in the picture above we have some serious landscaping to do this spring. However one of the things we need to do now is trim our crepe myrtles. We've never done it before, but I hear there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. Anyone have any expertise? 


FIVE

I saw this tote on Etsy this week and I'm thinking I might need one for me and one for baby girl. 


Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

  1. That tote is the cutest ... love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tote is the cutest ... love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mascara is the best! I struggled with paying that much as well but I'm hooked on it now. It's perfect. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lame snow storm!! ;0 They predicted that on Thursday we would get 8-10 inches but didn't happen!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs