Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What I've Been Reading Lately


The Antelope in the Living Room by Melanie Shankle
This is Melanie's second book and I ran out and purchased it as soon as I finished her first one. This book is all about marriage and how two people combine their lives. I laughed out loud at some of the stories that hit close to home for me. Let's just say my husband and I have had the exact same conversation when it came to painting our house. It's a fast read and totally relatable for a married couple.



Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler
This is a fictional autobiography of Zelda Fitzgerald, wife of the famed author F. Scott Fitzgerald. This was a cool look into the 20's and 30's. Women's rights were being established and woman were experimenting with the idea of being independent and a wife at the same time. This book is a fun look behind the scenes of a very popular, power couple.



Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani
This is such a fun girly book. Valentine is a 30-something, single woman who is learning the family business of custom shoe making. The business is in financial hardship and she has to make some hard decisions. However it's difficult to concentrate on these problems with the new restaurant chef who just moved in next door.

What are you reading?

3 comments:

  1. I still haven't read Melanie Shankle's first book! I gave it to 3 friends as gifts! I need to catch up. Thanks for the recs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had some reading time! It sounds crazy but I'm thinking that after the baby comes my life will slow down a little with no work and my other two little ones in preschool everyday! I'm saving Melanie's book until then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first book sounds like a good one! Adding it to my list - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs