Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Slower Cooker Test Run

Growing up, my family never used a crock pot. However the more I get into cooking the more I wanted one. Everyone says slow cookers are so easy to use and everything always tastes great. So I was super excited when my fabulous future sister-in-law and her mother gave me a crock pot at my bridal shower. I immediately found a ton of recipes I wanted to try and I thought I would show you my first attempt.

P.S. I cut the portion down to two instead of four because it’s just Ace and me and we aren't great with leftovers. However I did make the full sauce recipe because I like sauce. ;)
Slower Cooker Angel Chicken
Adapted from Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour


I used:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Half a pack of 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms – diced
1 can condensed golden mushroom soup
1 stick of butter
1 pkg. dry Italian salad dressing mix
½ cup chicken broth
1/2 cup diced white onion
Half of an 8 oz. tub of chive and onion cream cheese spread
Angel hair pasta


Here is all my stuff!

First melt the butter in the pan. The original recipe didn't call for onions but I had some in the fridge that needed to be used up so I threw those in too. When the onions were translucent I stirred in the Italian dressing mix, condensed soup, chicken broth, and cream cheese. Stir until all melted together.
Next place the diced mushrooms on the bottom of the crock pot. Place the uncooked chicken on the mushroom layer and top it with the sauce. It's not crazy pretty but it smells amazing by this point.
Cover with the lid and cook on low for 5 hours.
When it's all done we spooned the chicken and sauce over angel hair pasta, although you could use rice too. It was sooo good! We will definitely be making this again and it was crazy easy to make. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs