Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Chicken and Dumplings Ya'll

I’m a little behind on my cooking blog. I’ve been really good though and I’m trying lots of new recipes. I was not very adventurous when it came to food growing up. We had a handful of recipes that the family would eat and that was it. (I must say that this was in spite of my mother’s desperate attempt to expose us to new things.) Anyway, I don’t want Ace to get bored with dinner and he is willing to try pretty much anything I want to make. It’s been a fun experiment. I love the idea that I could be finding our ‘family recipes’, the meals that my family will ask for over and over again.

My new favorite tool in the kitchen is definitely my crock-pot. It makes cooking super easy and you pretty much cannot mess it up. With the weather getting cooler, it got down to the 50’s in the Carolinas this past weekend!!!!, the crock-pot is awesome.

Chicken and Dumplings
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (a little over 1 lb)
2 tablespoons butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 onion, diced
1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
Pepper
Garlic salt
Chicken stock
Sprinkle chicken with pepper and garlic salt. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough chicken stock to cover. (You can use water but stock adds flavor.)
Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 90 minutes before serving, place torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Stir everything and shred chicken if you want. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

I, of course, forgot the take a picture of the final product but that’s okay because it’s not particularly pretty. But oh it is sooo good and comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs