Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

Five on Friday - Birthday Edition

I'm linking up with my favs April at A. Liz Adventures and Christina at Carolina Charm for.....

ONE
Last Friday Andy and I had one of the best meals ever! He had never been to the Columbia hotspot Mr. Friendly's. If you have never been either it's the perfect example of classy, southern cuisine and a favorite of pretty much everyone. We went with the Restaurant Week menu and could not have been happier. I had a pork belly appetizer, cornmeal crusted catfish, and peanut butter cheesecake. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was warm and the services was hands down the best, from the hostesses to the waiters. I've been talking about this meal all week and it was a great way to celebrate my birthday a little early.
TWO
Have you read Five Love Languages? I have and my love language is Acts of Service. I love to do things for someone so they don't have to and I adore when something is done for me. My husband has been home this week and each day I've come home to so many projects being accomplished. Pictures are hung, curtains have been installed, every corner has been vacuumed, yard work done, lots of my lost items have been found, the list goes on and on. I love that Andy is so productive and it was such a great gift.
The 5 Love Languages™

THREE
On Tuesday my very dear friend Danielle brought me an office plant for my birthday. How funny is that since I just wrote a post about plants? Its a Bromeliads and has the most beautiful purplely-red flower. I just love it and I was so surprised!
Bromeliad (Bromeliaceae)
FOUR
I like practical birthday presents. Since Christmas was less than a month ago it's hard to come up with gifts so close together. I have really been wanting a white down comforter for our bed and that's just what I got. Andy also picked out a duvet cover in case I get bored with just white. Do you have a comforter, and if so do you leave it plain white or put a duvet cover over it?
FIVE
Because it was my birthday week I had full reign over our TV watching. I started watching Gossip Girl on Netflix and I pretty much watched the entire series in a week. We always seem to watch TV series a couple years after they go off the air. Anyway, I never once saw Gossip Girl in it's heyday, but I loved my marathon. The clothes, the relationships, the drama was all so entertaining!
Gossip Girl Streaming
 
Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! We have a down but don't keep it on all the time. Meaning, we don't use it as a comforter. Too hot! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for the 5 love languages!!! Isn't it so insightful?!! It makes so much sense and helps me love my husband, family, and friends better when I figure out their love languages!!! <3
    Happy Friday, doll! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love 5 love languages!

    We have a down comforter but it's extremely light. I have a quilted cover that we pull back each night (let's be honest, when we make our bed). So we only sleep with a sheet and the light down comforter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, Mr. Friendly's ... always wonderful!

    I am a big fan of The 5 Love Languages and mine is the very one that I didn't think it would be -- gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That meal sounds delicious!

    I haven't read the 5 Love Languages book, but have read and heard a lot about it..I definitely think it's interesting!

    And finally, there is nothing better than sleeping under a down comforter and I love the look of a plain white one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog through the linkup and I am loving it- so glad to be your newest follower :) Hope you've had a happy birthday week!!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs