Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

3 Months

I'm very behind on sharing the baby updates. I typed them up on my phone each month, but I'm just now getting them formatted. So here is the last two updates.
 

- We didn't have a checkup this month so I really have no idea how much Anna Grace weighs, but she's definitely growing.

- She is still in size 1 diapers and is solidly in 3 month size clothes.

- The baby is still nursing and eating milk from a bottle. We had our third visit to a lactation consultant at the beginning of the month when AG randomly refused to nurse. We kept trying though and she picked it right back up in a day or so. She is eating 4 oz. every 3 hours 6 times a day when eating from a bottle.


- This month she found her hands and chews on her hand and fingers constantly. I keep checking for teeth, but haven't seen any yet. She'll still take her pacifier to be soothed so I think her hand is just an easily accessible toy at this point.


- Her first giggles came from playing Peek-a-boo with Mommy. It was the best sound ever!

- Nicknames = AG is the main one, Little Girl, and Fuss Pants (which thankfully doesn't get used as often anymore.)

- Mommy went back to work and baby's first day of school were on September 8th. We love AG's teachers and feel super comfortable about this decision. It was nice to go back to work and have adult conversations again. The hardest part is getting into a pumping routine. While I love my job, I sure do miss my girl by the end of the day and can't wait to pick her up.

Picture after our first days. Clearly baby was worn out!

- Mommy's favorite time of day - The Mornings. Everything is a little hectic getting us and baby ready, but she is so cute and happy in the morning. Andy brings her in to watch me get ready and she giggle and smiles and looks at my clothes with big eyes. It makes me feel like a true family.

- Daddy's favorite time of day - Also the mornings. He likes being the first person she sees in the morning and he can get all the best giggles out of her.

- On September 27 Anna Grace rolled from her stomach to her back. Andy saw it, I missed it. Then she did it twice for my mom and I missed it again. Finally I got to see her do it and I was so proud. How is it possible for my baby to already be turning over.

 
- We took Anna Grace to her first Soda City Market in downtown Columbia. She loved looking at all the people and booths.


- We found that when Anna Grace is super fussy if we take her outside she will usually calm down pretty quickly. I get a little self conscious that she is bothering the neighbors, but they all say they don't mind and then tell me stories of their babies.

- Anna Grace has learned to inch worm herself forward on her changing pad. I'm not sure it's on purpose, rather a side effect of being frustrated and trying to communicate something to us.

 
This month we got much braver and took the baby out a little more than usual. She still loves car rides and will let anyone hold her. It's been easier to transition back to work than I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, I miss Anna Grace like crazy, but I like feeling like myself again too. I appreciate my time with the baby more now. Plus I just stare at pictures of her all day. She is growing so fast and we are so proud of her. Every new development and smile makes my heart swell just a little bit more. I love my AG!

1 comment:

  1. She is too cute & looks like she really loved going to Soda City Market... but who wouldn't?? :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs