Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

I love Thanksgiving

A lot of people like to skip right from Halloween to Christmas, but honestly Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday. You get to see all your loved ones without having to worry about getting everyone presents. Plus you get to eat and man do I love to eat. ;)

We always go to my mother-in-law's beach house for Thanksgiving and Andy and I have slowly started to take over most of the meal prep. To save a little time  this year we are going to pre-make a couple dishes and bring them with us Wednesday night. Here are some of my favorite dishes I'm planning to bring.

Pioneer Woman's Mashed Potatoes
Andy's favorite food is mashed potatoes, I like them but I'm not going to get too excited about it. Well, that was until I tried Ree's Mashed Potatoes. These are to die for! Picture me in the kitchen licking the spoon, the pot, and the potato masher itself. I think it's the season salt that set these apart, although the butter, cream cheese, and half and half don't hurt. ;)


Sweet Potato Souffle
Oh, you only serve one kind of potatoes at Thanksgiving, I'm sorry. These potatoes fall somewhere between a side dish and dessert and I just love them. I'm a fan of the pecan topping, but you could totally sub in marshmallows if that is your thing.


Pioneer Woman's Thanksgiving Stuffing
Again, Pioneer Woman knocks it out of the park. I just use cornbread, because it's my favorite. The thyme is what makes the recipe in my opinion. Every time I smell this spice I think of Thanksgiving now. This stuffing is my favorite part of the meal, hands down.


What are some of your must have recipes for Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs