Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

One Day, Three Roadtrips

We are officially TWO WEEKS away for our wedding day! I can honestly say my overall feeling is crazy excited. I’m so ready to see all the months of planning become a reality and to finally change from a MISS to a MRS. There are still tons of little details to finish up but I am calmed by the idea that even if we don’t finish a single other thing Andy and I will still get married, the wedding will go off without a hitch, and people wouldn’t know any different. It’s all gravy from here, and that’s a comforting thought.

I had a wedding filled day today. All fun stuff but my errands took me literally on a tour of the Carolinas. I started from Charlotte this morning and drove to Greenville, SC to pick up my freshly pressed wedding dress from Poinsett Bride. I have had such a wonderful wedding dress experience with these ladies. I stopped in their Greenville store on a whim and found the dress of my dreams. If you are in the area and getting married, check them out! Anyway, I was in Greenville for a hot-minute and covered the inside of my car and dress in clean bed sheets so it wouldn’t get dirty and was on my way.
My next stop was Columbia. I had to drop my dress off at my mom’s house and go through the ever growing lists we both compile on a daily basis. My mom has been wonderful and has put a lot of my random, crazy ideas into motion. I want to make our wedding special by adding lots of personal touches, but those personal touches take a lot of time. With the start of my new job I haven’t had a lot of time so my mom has graciously stepped in. I will share some of the touches with you soon once I get some pictures to go with them.

So after grabbing some last minute things from the house I got back on the road and headed back to Charlotte. That makes a total of three road trips, two gas station stops, and one broken CD player, which was really inconvenient. It was a long day but I’m happy to have some stuff knocked off the list.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about the little details! The countdown is on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greenville, SC is my hometown! Our downtown is absolutely gorgeous. You'll have to come back & spend a weekend sometime!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs