Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday

I'm linking up with Mrs. Jamie over at This Kind of Love!

I’m loving…that the Bobcats won at home yesterday! I just needed to give a shout out to the home team. They’ve only won five games this season so it’s kind of a big deal when they win. Way to go Bobcats!

I’m loving….Oreos! Happy 100th Birthday to Oreos. Can you believe Oreos have been around since 1912? That’s crazy! I love Oreos but not as much as my Dad did or Andy does. I am trying to keep most sweets out of the house because I went a little crazy with the Girl Scout cookies but I think I might have to get some of the Birthday Cake Oreos. Oreos + birthday cake = AWESOME! 

I’m loving ….the dinner I made last night. I discovered on Pinterest a recipe for Penne with Roasted Asparagus and Balsamic Butter. True it’s not the healthiest thing in the world, but it was so good and the hardest part was cooking the pasta. Plus if you don’t like asparagus this is a good way to try it because it is so good. (It’s the only way I can get Andy to eat it.)

Here is how you make it: via Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour

Ingredients:
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 lb. penne
- 1 stick of butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving


Directions:
1. Wash and chop asparagus into bit size pieces.
2. Toss the asparagus into a gallon sized ziplock baggie and throw in the olive oil, pepper, and salt. Close the bag and shake until coated. (I covered a pan with foil and mixed the asparagus with everything on the pan and it worked fine.) Place on a baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. 

4. Put vinegar in a small saucepan and simmer until there is about 3 tablespoon. Toss in brown sugar and 1/4 tsp of pepper. Mix well. Remove from heat. 
5. Cook pasta. Drain and return to pot and toss with the butter, vinegar, asparagus, parmesan, and 1 3/4 tsp. salt. Add a little parmesan to the top of each serving. 
This picture turned sideways and I can't change it back but I wanted to let you see what it looks like. This dish is so tasty and only takes a couple ingredients and minutes to makes. I HIGHLY recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs