Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

What I'm Loving!

I’m Loving….Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by: Seth Grahame-Smith. Andy grabbed this book in the airport on the way to Jamaica and recommended it to me when he finished. It’s fiction but is a really well researched story of Abraham Lincoln’s life. They actually made a movie version of this book and it’s coming out this summer. We both really like history based novels so this was great and it’s a fast reading and thoroughly entertaining. Yes the part where Abraham Lincoln is a vampire slayer is made up but it’s pretty convincing since the rest of the story is all facts.

I’m Loving…The dinner I made Monday night. I made Sausage and Caprese Lasagna from Iowa Girl Eats’ blog. If you haven’t checked her blog out before you must do it NOW! She shares awesome recipes, fun trips, and does a Friday Favorites that I look forward to all week. Anyway, she put this recipe up last week and said cancel your previous dinner plans and make this immediately, so I went out and got the ingredient and boy was I glad I did. This was AMAZING! It’s surprisingly light even with the cream sauce and there is only 2 tbsp of butter in the whole thing so it’s not terrible for you, plus the fresh tomatoes and basil make it light and summery. I substituted sweet sausage for the spicy version since I’m a spice wimp and it was still wonderful. Just to give you an idea of how good this was, Andy and I almost never like leftovers (I know, it’s inconvenient) and we both claimed the leftover of this dinner. Make it ASAP, you won’t regret it.

I’m Loving… A couple of my new dress purchases. Andy and I have been in wedding mania this season, so I bought a couple new dresses for all the rehearsal dinners, showers, and weddings we have on the books. I’m not great at styling myself so if you have suggestions PLEASE let me know!
via here

via here

via here

I’m Loving.. Essie Foot Loose Nail Polish. Last weekend we were in Columbia for a wedding and while Andy was doing his wedding party duties the significant others and I decided to go have our nails done. I picked a new fun color for my toes and ended up being obsessed with it. It’s a pinky purple and I love it so much I bought it. It’s a fun color however it’s not too loud that I don’t feel self conscious wearing it at work.

What are you loving lately?

1 comment:

  1. Just bookmarked that summer caprese lasagna. Wow, that looks divine! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs