Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

What I'm Loving Thursday (sorry I'm a day late)

So I meant to post this yesterday but I got a little caught up with stuff so I'm a little late.


1. I’m loving….The Hunger Games trilogy. My mom, who is a librarian and is always ahead of the game on what books are awesome, has been telling me to read these books for a while now. Then I heard they were making a movie I put them at the top of my list because I always like reading the books before seeing the movie. Well Andy beat me to it and read the whole series over what felt like a weekend and highly recommended them. So I started the first one and wasn’t sure about them since I’m not a huge survival book fan. (I think it's from reading to many books like Hatchet in school.) But I got hooked and now I’m on the last book and can’t wait for the movie to come out in March. They are extremely fast reads, even for a slow reader like me, and I would recommend reading at least the first book since I have a feeling lots of details will be left out of the movie.

2. I’m loving… the new show Smash. It’s about how musicals are created. You follow the writers, director, producer, and cast members through the process and it’s awesome. There’s song, there’s dance, there’s drama, there’s Debra Messing and Anjelica Huston, and it’s all about Marilyn Monroe, what’s not to love? Add it to your Monday night lineup for sure!

3. I’m loving… my new Bride and Groom Cookbook from William-Sonoma. I got it as a gift at one of my showers and I love it. Not only does it have great recipes but it helps you plan meals for entertaining, how to time meals so everything is done at one time, and basic tips and tricks for the kitchen. It is a must have in my opinion for wedding registries.

4. I’m loving….Mochi ice cream from Trader Joe’s. I was tipped on to these by a friend and just had to try them. They are Japanese ice cream balls and are covered in a rice sponge cake. They take a little bit of getting used to, Andy isn’t a fan, but once I did I was hooked. They are like little portion controlled desserts. We tried the chocolate ones, but I hear the strawberry ones are good too. Has anyone else tried them?

5. I’m not sure if I’m loving….my ESSIE nail polish in Mezmerised. I’m not used to wearing colored nail polish on my hands. So I’m not sure if it looks weird to me because it’s not clear or because it actually looks weird. Should I add silver sparkles, white polka dots, a pearl coat? Thoughts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs