I thought I would share which recipes I made. Many of them are new to me so I'll have to report back on how they work. Or if you have used them let me know.
Angel Chicken (one of our favorite crockpot meals via Southern Plate)
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 packets Italian Dressing Mix Powder (0.7 ounces each)
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth (Original recipe uses white cooking wine)
- 2 cans golden mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese (I like using the onion and chives)
- 2-3 lbs chicken
- Mix butter, italian dressing mix, broth, soup, and cream cheese in a sauce pot on top of stove. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and well mixed.
- I put two chicken breast in two freezer bags and split the sauce between them.
- Either thaw the chicken and bake or throw everything in the crockpot. Serve with egg noodles.
Cafe Rio Chicken (via Chef in Training)
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 8 oz. zesty Italian dressing
- ½ Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix (mixed with ½ cup of water)
- ½ Tablespoon chili powder
- ½ Tablespoon ground cumin
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on LOW for about 5 hours or until chicken is done.
- Shred with fork and serve in salads, burritos, tacos...etc.
Worlds Best Chicken (via Rachel Schultz)
- 6-8 pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs or Breasts
- 1 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Season after w/ Rosemary
- Mix all ingredients and split between two bags.
- Season with fresh rosemary when cooking.
Garlic Lime Chicken (via Over the Big Moon)
- 6-8 Bone-In Chicken Thighs or Breasts
1 Cup Soy Sauce
1/2 Cup Lime Juice
2 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 tsp Dry Mustard
1 tsp Ground Pepper
2 Tbs Cornstarch
- Mix all ingredients and pour over chicken in two freezer bags.
Lemon Garlic Dump Chicken (via One Good Thing)
- 1 – 2 tsp minced garlic (I like more so I used 2)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbls parsley flakes
- 2 Tbls lemon juice (or the juice of one whole lemon)
- 4-6 chicken breasts (or 8 to 10 chicken tenders)
- Mix all ingredients and pour over chicken in freezer bag.
- Thaw chicken. Pour chicken and marinade into a baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes. OR
- Thaw and grill in a cast iron skillet on the stove, or outside on the barbecue grill, until no longer pink inside. OR
- Place the frozen chicken in the crockpot and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (or high for 4-6 hours.)