Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

4th of July Decor

I think this is the first holiday other than Christmas that I have decorated our mantle. My mom was always great at decorating for every season, so I feel like I need to step it up.


I found this super easy project on Pinterest and I love the outcome. It was also super cheap since I already had everything in my house.


Put a soda can in the middle of the hurricane lamp so you don't have to use a ton of beans.

Filled the lamp with alternating red and white beans to make the stripes and then cover the top with the black beans.

Now you have a pretty, cheap, and patriotic display. 


3 comments:

  1. Love this natural but festive look, and it's totally genius to put that can in the middle!!! I wouldn't have even thought to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative! The can idea is truly brilliant and I can't wait to use that on several vase projects!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs