Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Favorites

I really like reading about products that other people have used and liked so I’m going to try to do this every so often.
 
Little Lady Agency by Hester Browne – My mom told me to read this book a long time ago and I finally got around to it. It’s the perfect chick lit book. A woman starts her own business, which is like renting a girlfriend, without the skanky side jobs that some businesses promote. It’s a fast read and perfect for the beach or to read before bed to take your mind off the day.
Revlon Colorstay Makeup – This stuff is great. I had read some mixed reviews but decided to take a chance and I loved it. I don’t usually wear more than BB cream or tinted moisturizer on a regular basis but I wanted something for important work days or special events. Usually my makeup doesn’t last all day, far from it. But this stuff stays put. I wore it out to a baseball game and it kept a matte finish and saved my face from sunburn the whole time. And in the heat of South Carolina summers that means everything.
Downton Abbey – I realize I am way behind on realizing how wonderful this show is but I am obsessed now. Andy and I watched all three seasons within a week. We stayed up way too late watching all the episodes but we both love history based shows so this was right up our alley. If you haven’t seen it definitely watch it. I thought the first episode was super slow so try to watch a couple if you can before you make your judgment.
 
Pineapple Slicer - I love pineapple but I had never cut up my own until we recived this slicer from Williams Sonoma as a wedding gift. I think Andy thought I was crazy when I registered for it but I have to say I have gotten a lot of use out of it. The fruit tastes SOOOO much better fresh and this slicer makes it super easy and you don't waste much of the fruit.
 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't jumped on the Downtown Abbey train yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so much about Downton Abbey but haven't seen it yet. I'm going to try to Netflix it this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs