Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Shredded Chicken with my KitchenAid Mixer

I have a new favorite use for my KitchenAid mixer, SHEDDING CHICKEN! I know, say what? I found a cool tip on Pinterest and actually tried it out. This was awesome. Shredded chicken is my favorite way to add protein to a meal, but it’s such a pain in the butt to bake the chicken and then sit there with two forks or a knife and shredded it. I know, cry me a river but it can really slow down prep time. So in walks the KitchenAid and you have beautifully shredded chicken in no time. So here’s the low down.

Buy chicken, duh! If you have frozen chicken breasts in the freezer those will totally work.
Boil the chicken. I’ve never done this before but it’s easy. Bring a pot of water to a boil, throw the chicken in, and let it do its thing for about 20-30 minutes. It won't look very appetizing but it will, I promise. Take the chicken straight out of the pot while it’s still hot and throw it into the mixing bowl. Use the paddle attachment and turn it on for 20-30 seconds. And voila! You have fabulous shredded chicken that you can use in pasta, soups, tacos, etc. I highly recommend you try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs