I can’t believe how long it has been since I’ve updated my blog. The weird thing is that I feel like I just did. However September was not yesterday, it was a long time ago. This always seems to happen around the holidays. Time just seems to fly by and it’s getting faster the older I get. I miss being able to leisurely wrap presents, bake cookies, and listen to copious amounts cheesy Christmas music. Oh well being a grown up isn’t always what I thought it was going to be. (Blast you pesky bills!)
So as is my custom I will highlight some of the stuff going on in my life just because I feel like sharing.
* Taylor Swift, who is a favorite of mine and I don’t care who knows it, went on sale today and sold out within like 20 minutes. It was incredible. Can you imagine being so successful and not even 20 yet? She could have sold out about three times over but alas there will only be one show here in Columbia. Oh and I sold all my suites before the tickets actually went on sale which has never happened and is pretty awesome.
* On another teeny bopper note we had probably one of the busiest weekends in the arena’s history last week. We had Thanksgiving on Thursday, a basketball game on Friday night, the Carolina vs. Clemson (USC WON!!!!!) at noon and then the Miley Cyrus concert Saturday, and then two shows of Trans-Siberian Orchestra on Sunday. I was beyond tired after that.
* My cousin Chris was on leave from Afghanistan for the Thanksgiving holiday and she came down to Columbia to have lunch with Mom and I. It was so good to see her and we are incredibly proud of her. While I don’t think people have to support the war, I do believe in supporting our troops.
* Next weekend I get to go to Charleston and see eight ESA alums in Charleston and I couldn’t be more excited. We are renting a huge house and hanging out and doing service and just catching up. While all of us weren’t crazy close during college we all have bonded over being in the grown up world. I’m just pumped to get away for a little while and have a full on girls weekend.
* One of my bestest friends in the whole world is moving to Greenville today and I’m going to miss her so much. We would have never met because our majors were so different but working at Gibson’s brought us together. I’m so happy she is moving for her job but sad that I won’t have easy access to my friend.
Okay I’m done babbling on about nothing. Hope everyone is well and ready for the holiday season.
Currently I’m reading: Lipstick Jungle by: Candace Bushnell. It’s by the same writer who wrote Sex in the City. It’s very women’s power, kicking butt in heels. I’m also starting the Accidental Billionaires by: Ben Mezrich. It's about the creation of Facebook. I haven't gotten very far but I think it'll be interesting.